Welcome to Mind in Motion online!
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope you will find it to be an invaluable resource as you join us in creating a community of lifelong learners.
Mind in Motion
- THE ANATOMY OF ACTION - New York
- 27 May 2012 - 25 Nov 2012
- The Feldenkrais Institute of NY - New York
- Advanced Training
A Five-session Advanced Training Workshop - Sundays
Taught by Guild Certified Feldenkrais Teacher Anastasi Siotas
The Anatomy of Action is designed to provide participants with a basic functional and kinesthetic understanding of our musculoskeletal system in action.
We will examine how the shape and location of our bones affects the transmission of forces generated by our effort through muscle synergies, how joint kinematics and patterns of muscle coordination move us through different orientations, and how positions and constraints in ATM lessons highlight and refine particular relationships.
Each meeting will focus on particular ATMs that address the topic at hand. We will deconstruct the steps of lessons in terms of arthrokinematics, muscle synergies and constraints, and examine their implications on real actions.
Please note: Space is limited to 18 participants. Priority will be given to those who can attend all 5 sessions.
The Anatomy of Action will be held:
May 27, 2012: Lower Extremity - Foot, Ankle, Knees
July 1, 2012: Lower Trunk - Hip, Pelvis, Lower Back
September 16, 2012: Spine & Ribs
October 28, 2012: Upper Extremity: Shoulder, Arm, Hand
November 25, 2012: Neck & Head
Sundays: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
$525.00 Early Registration - before April 27, 2012
$600.00 Registration - after April 27, 2012
Payment plan available
Call the Feldenkrais Institute to register:
- The Feldenkrais Institute of NY - Website
- 134 West 26th St, Second Floor
- New York
Telephone: (212) 727-1014
Toll Free: (800) 482-3357
Closest subway and transit stops:
- At 23rd St and 5th Ave or 28th St and Broadway: N, R trains
- At 23rd St and 6th Ave: F, M trains
- At 28th St and 7th Ave: 1 train
- At 23rd St and 8th Ave: C, E trains
- LIRR, Amtrack and NJ Transit trains all come to Penn Station, just 5 blocks north.
Hostels and Rooms to Rent:
- Airbed and Breakfast is a listing site that has a changing list of apartments and rooms to rent on a nightly, weekly or monthly basis.
- Broadway Hotel & Hostel Dorm-style rooms with shared bath for $50-$60 per night per person; private rooms with shared or private bath at higher rates. Two blocks to the #1 subway.
- The Leo House 332 West 23rd St. The Leo House is run by the Catholic Sisters of St. Agnes and is situated in the suburb of Chelsea. Guests are accommodated in modest single or double guest rooms with the option of private or shared bathroom facilities. Breakfast is the only meal provided but the center is in an area where cafes and restaurants are in good supply. The center is 2 blocks from the nearest subway.
- Hostelling International 891 Amsterdam Avenue (212) 932-2300 x319
- The Guest Rooms at the West Side YMCA Located just off Central Park West and steps from Lincoln Center, our New York hostel Guest Rooms offer single and double rooms that provide a home away from home for nearly 40,000 international and domestic budget travelers each year. Easily accessible to all NYC public transportation—uptown, downtown, crosstown buses, and the 1, 9, A, C, E, B, D, N and R subway lines.
- The Guest Rooms at the Vanderbilt YMCA Nestled in the heart of Manhattan’s East Side, the Vanderbilt YMCA offers surprisingly low rates for its quality guest accommodations. The Vanderbilt Y is a short walk to Grand Central Terminal, which services the 4, 5, 6, 7 and S subway lines, and Metro- North Railroad for points outside of Manhattan.
- The Guest Rooms at the Greenpoint YMCA Serving guests from around the world since 1906, the Greenpoint YMCA serves as an ideal NYC budget hotel, offering 100 extraordinary, affordable rooms.
Nearby Hotels and Other Places to Stay:
- The GEM Hotel, Chelsea is a New York City boutique hotel located in the neighborhood of Chelsea. The hotel is one block from New York City’s subway system. SPECIAL OFFER: The GEM Hotel is now offering a 15% discount to FINY workshop participants, clients of the institute coming from out of town, and guest faculty.
Use this special link to book and receive your discount.
[Be sure to choose the “LFELD” rate under the “Select Rate Program” drop-down box during booking.]
- Americana Inn: 69 West 38th Street (5th and 6th Avenues) (212)840-6700 Subway: B,D,F,Q trains to 42nd Street; 7 train to 5th Avenue Bus: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,32
- Chelsea Lodge: 318 West 20th Street (between 8th & 9th Avenues) (800)373-1116
- Chelsea Savoy: 204 West 23rd Street, on 7th Avenue (3 blocks from FINY) (866)929-9353
- Colonial House Inn: Charming 1850's brownstone on a pretty residential block. 318 West 22nd Street (between 8th & 9th) (800)689-3779 Gershwin Hotel: Caters to artistic types, kitschy lobby, clean bright rooms. 7 East 27th Street (between Fifth & Madison) (212)545-8000
- International House: 500 Riverside Drive (near Columbia University) (212)316-8400
- Madison Hotel: 21 East 27th Street (212)532-7373
- Murray Hill Inn: Ask about discounts and special rates. Housed in a five-story walk up in a quiet residential neighborhood. 143 East 30th Street Between Lexington and Third (888)996-6376
- Stay the Night: 93rd Street Townhouse (between Fifth and Madison Avenues) (212)722-8300
EventList powered by schlu.net